Mustang GT Track Car
My beloved Mustang GT has been tracked since 2011, and is still going strong!
Why I love THE Mustang GT
Cars are ultimately about passion. The Mustang is one of the most passionate cars ever produced. It’s not perfect, but it SO FUN to drive on track! Few cars have provided so much joy for so many folks, in all different types of racing, street use, modding, drifting, etc.
Most importantly for me, Inferno makes me feel like a 5-year-old every time I drive her!
Since 2016 season, I’ve ran my 2011 Mustang GT without my former Roush supercharger.
My lap times were faster without the blower within half a season. I also upgraded the suspension significantly.
My built Coyote 5.0L engine was intended for a supercharger, and has a 10:1 compression ratio versus the stock 11:1. So, I loose a little bit of power but never worry about knock!
Learn the Thunderbolt Racing Line in 5 Minutes
My Mustang GT scared the crap out of me when I had my Roush blower and an obscene amount of power! It was an uninformed modification.
She’s a far better car without the supercharger. She’s now at about 390-400 WHP and nearly 3,900 pounds with me.
After thousands of hours racing, doing countless HPDE events, graduating Team O’Neil rally school, Bertil Roos driving school, and SCCA racing school, I am very comfortable piloting her.
Roush Blown Mustang GT on NJMP Thunderbolt
The Torque Pancake (when blown)
I tried drag racing her once. My best run was a 12.482 ET @ 123.28 MPH with a dismal 2.438 60′ time, but an encouraging .127 RT. I had to launch in 2nd gear. I had zero traction until she hooked up, and then she flew!
Brakes and Wheels
- Shelby GT 500 King of the Road wheels
- 2x Mickey Thompson wheels
- DBA 5000 2-piece rotors
- Hawk DTC 60 pads all around
- Federal RS-RR tires
- Racing axles with 3 inch studs
- 275 mm square on Shelby 18×9.5″ wheels
- Eibach Pro R2 coilovers
- Maximum Motorsport camber plates
- Stiffler welded subframes
- Ford Racing front roll bar
- Stock V6 rear bar
- BMR spherical lower control arms
- BMR spherical panhard bar
- 4-point half cage by Maximum Motorsports
- The cage features an extra 5th bar for roll over support with a welded harness bar
- Racing hubs & lugs all around
- All harness connections go to the unibody
- Driveshaft safety loop